The Canadian Association of Parish Nursing Ministry is encouraging each local Faith Community to hold a Tea or a Non Tea on behalf of the Local Health Ministry Program and CAPNM.
We are encouraging that the profits for this event be shared on a 50% basis with the Local Health Ministry Program and CAPNM.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
If you plan to hold a tea, we suggest you find a group within your Faith Community willing to sponsor this event. Attached to this Web Site are two Posters that can be downloaded and you can fill in your local information.
Each Faith Community will be different as to how you feel you can best raise funds through this event. The Funding Task Force is suggesting that selling tickets for $5.00 would be an easy way to raise funds and you would also know how many to expect.
Some faith Communities have suggested that having a free will offering available or a free event and selling something is another way of raising money.
CAPNM suggest that you hold your Tea during the week of May 7th – 13th 2012 which is Nursing Week in Canada. We further suggest that you might like to invite local nurses in your Faith Community, Local Hospital, or Doctor Offices, and Health Units to be your guests as a way to say thank you for their contribution to their community.
CAPNM has included a certificate that can be downloaded and filled out in advance or at the door as a way to say thank you to those that work as nurses in the health profession. (If filling out by hand – make sure the person has good printing or writing ability – and ensure spelling of name is correct!)
Some Faith Communities have indicated that they intend to hold their TEA after Worship Service, others have indicated they intend to hold it on a Saturday afternoon, or a week night.
- Run off a simple ticket on the computer – number them if you are having door prizes, or design with name address and telephone number, to be torn off at admission – also gives you a list of those who attends to enter into your data base for future events.
- Make the room look relaxed and friendly
- Flowers are a nice touch on each table
- Name Tags at the door
- A Tea Service and cups
- Space for two servers at each end of the serving table
- An attractive serving table – with centre piece
- Excellent opportunity for displays to tell your story or health promotion displays you want to encourage
- Have you thought about a fashion show by the local Uniform Store or Company – or shoes for Nurses?
- What about some prizes maybe supplied from Members of your Faith Community that own stores in your community or your local drug store?
- Don’t forget to recognize the sponsors with a handout or a poster thanking them
- Have a guest book with space for address, or a way to gather peoples name and addresses so you can do follow-up for future years – maybe have them fill out a coupon for a door prize and keep the coupons! Flower centre pieces are good prizes
- Arrange for people to greet and welcome supporters
- Have nametags and certificates if you’re using them
- Parish Nurse should be involved in the meet and greet, don’t get tied up in food preparation – use this time to network and tell your story
- Make or have made squares and finger food as your Committee determines what goes over best in your Faith Community
- Boil water and prepare Tea for serving
- Arrange for people to serve the tea – half hour stints
- Arrange for people to clear tables and keep serving table refreshed
- Have other drinks available as committee decides – e.g. – coffee, juices, for those that don’t drink tea
- Have people willing to clean up
When it has been a great success and over for this year – evaluate what worked, what you would change for next year – drop us a note as to how it went and don’t forget to send a thank you to all who helped out and to those that donated to the event.
Katie Cunnington would love pictures for the Newsletter of CAPNM!
HAVE FUN AND LET THE SPIRIT WORK THROUGH YOU!
Use this as an opportunity to tell your story – invite the local media – get a picture of all the Nurses in attendance (group picture with names). A digital camera and a printer allow you to make the pictures before they go home. You can check names and give them their copy right then. Make copies for them and send them out thanking them again for their community involvement.
You don’t think your Faith Community will support
a TEA FOR TWO Event?
What about a “NON TEA” PARTY?
Karen Marks shares the following:
A “Stay At Home Tea” or “Tea for Twonie”
Make the following up in baggies or something similar:
- 2 to 4 tea bags individually packaged (there are many herbal teams that come in individual packets – a variety of mint, fruit, green or regular – try to get them donated to keep cost down)
- A favorite cookie recipe
- A fill in the blank invitation to tea on a certain date, to invite friends over for tea – maybe three – invitations could be made on computer, or use file cards and decorate them with stickers, or cut teacup shapes out of colored paper ... use your imagination or ask your kids to help!
- Package and sell for $2 (Tea for Twonie)
- Sell during Nurses Week – second week of May
- Have FUN!
When you have successfully completed your event, we ask that you send half of your net profit to:
￼Katie Cunnington, Administrative Assistant:
8 Tamarack Pl.
Ingersoll, ON N5C 3Z3
Mark it "TEA FOR TWO". She will credit your event on the Web Site.
It is our hope to have 90 TEA FOR TWO events this May!
Can we count you in? Only in Canada you say?....pity!