Call for Poster Abstracts
Submission Date: March 31, 2013
A poster is a visual display that offers information about a program or educational activity or presents findings of a research project. Posters can be an effective and interactive way to share parish nursing practice in its many forms. The Canadian Association for Parish Nursing Ministry (CAPNM) Board encourages our organization to use this method of disseminating ideas. We are making a call for posters for the 2013 CAPNM conference and AGM in Saint John, NB, June 6 - 9, 2013. The these of the conference is The Parish Nurse Facing Ethical and Mental Health Issues. You are invited to present your poster in one of two ways: as an up to five minute power point presentation (about five slides) to be given during the first evening of the conference or as a regular paper poster to be hung. Handouts for participants are an asset in these presentations and space will be available for this material to be laid out during the conference.
Abstract Content (Area of Focus)
Specific areas of content that may be addressed in submitted abstracts include the following suggestions as examples, but not limited to:
- Mental health initiatives or ethical situations which your health ministry has addressed.
- Social Justice activities in which your parish health ministry has participated, including out comes if possible.
- Ways your parish health ministry programs have addressed spirituality, such as a Prayer Shawl or Quilt Ministry, rituals of healing, art forms used in healing of grief, and so forth.
- Creative approaches to support and advance parish nursing, such as how to form parish nurse support/interest groups locally or provincially.
- Educational projects you have presented in your practice.
- Results of research which you have done in spirituality and parish nursing.
The abstract must contain the following elements:
- Title: Be clear in intent and state in as few words as possible.
- Content Overview: Summary of approximately 175 words describing the poster you would like to present. Identify the type of poster, focus area, objectives, theme, and how this poster will benefit the conference participants.
- Biographical data: Name, address (street, city, province, postal code and country), day time telephone number, e-mail address.
Send by March 31 to:
Selection Process and Criteria:
The abstract will be reviewed by representatives of the CAPNM Education Committee. The criteria for selection will be the poster’s ability to support the practice of Parish Nursing. Acceptable presentations will have no commercial bias.
Selection will be completed and communicated by April 14, 2013. Presenters must indicate their intent to participate by April 28, 2013 for inclusion in the program material.
Note: CAPNM does not pay conference fees, honorariums, travel costs or any other expenses for those whose abstract is accepted.
For assistance in developing your poster, you can download “Creating Scientific Posters” on the CAPNM web site by clicking here. You may also contact the CAPNM Education Committee through Nancy Loucks at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ideas or queries.